The Simple Truths about Senior Healthcare and Medicare

The truth is you are not the only person concerned about Senior Healthcare and Medicare. America has wronged our ever growing population of Seniors with a lack of EDUCATION and provision of Wide Spread, Easily Accessible Materials for our Senior population. As a result, I will provide you with some basic options for Medicare and Healthcare after the age of 64. 

The Simple Truths about Senior Healthcare and Medicare

What is Medicare?

Medicare is a federal health insurance program for the following:

  • People who are 65 or older
  • Certain people with disabilities under 65
  • People with End Stage Renal Disease (also called permanent kidney failure with the need of dialysis or transplant)

What are the different parts of Medicare?

  • A- This is called your Hospital Care
    • Covers your inpatient Hospital Stays, care in skilled nursing facilities, your hospice care, and some home healthcare services.
  • B- Doctor and Physician care
    • Covers certain doctor services, your outpatient care, medical supplies, and preventive services.
  • C- Medicare Advantage Care
    • These are also called Medicare Advantage plans
    • They are an all in one plan that covers both your Part A&B and often includes a Part D prescription drug coverage as well.
    • It is an alternative to Original Medicare and takes the place of your Part A & B. 
    • These plans are offered through a private insurance company that has been approved by the federal Medicare Program.
    • Top Carriers to look at when searching for a medicare advantage plan (click for more info)
  • D- Prescription Drug Care
    • Helps cover your prescription drugs

Medicare Options

  • Original Medicare
    • Original Medicare Consists of you having Part A & B
      • Your Part A & B Cover 80% of the covered costs by medicare, you are responsible for the remaining 20% of the fees
  • Original Medicare Plus a Medicare Supplement & Prescription Drug Plan
    • You have Part A & B for Original Medicare but purchase a Medicare Supplement Plan from an independent insurance carrier, along with a Prescription Drug plan to cover your prescription drugs.
      • Therefore, the Medicare Supplement Plan depending on which you choose will cover the additional 20%. (some plans will have deductibles and copayments depending on the plan you choose)
  • Medicare Advantage Plan
    • This plan will take the place of your Part A & B and often will have your Prescription drug plan included as well. These plans often have low monthly premiums (often $0 plans available) but many will have co-pays and limitations. 
    • Top Carriers to look at when searching for a medicare advantage plan (click for more info)

For more information on Senior Healthcare and Medicare I recommend going here.

Leave a comment

Get a Free Quote Today!